Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Reservoir Roundabout 2020

Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Mon 13th Jan 2020, 15:22
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Thankyou for your reply Tim I will probably book a place for all 3 of us if we all come down and if the weather is bad I can do it on my own .
Many thanks for the information really appeciate this Jeff
Author: Tim Hughes
Posted: Sun 12th Jan 2020, 21:00
Local Group: Marches
Jeff,
I don’t claim to be an expert by any means, but have had two trips to the area in the last few months. In late September the Staffs group weekend was very enjoyable, but it was very WET! Visibility about six inches, full waterproofs all day and wet feet after ten minutes: great for the purists but maybe not a good introduction for partner and daughter, unless they’re a bit masochistic. On the other hand, I did the Roundabout last weekend in perfect weather and it was beautiful: a well organised event with friendly people and everyone enjoyed a great day out. The paths across open moorland were well flagged and there was enough breeze to have dried out the mud a bit: anyone not enjoying the views and emptiness needs a different hobby! In summary, it’s a great event that I will re-visit next year, but conditions may mean it’s not the best introduction to challenge events.
Posted: Wed 8th Jan 2020, 20:34
Hi Tudor
Thanks for the information . I am going to have a good start to the new year , New years day doing the Hangover Hike with the Irregulars then on saturday down to do your challenge.
I am thinking of bringing my partner Lisa and my daughter Amy down to do the longer route do you think it will be ok for a novice 23 yr old.
Once again many thanks Jeff.
Author: Tudor Davies
Posted: Wed 8th Jan 2020, 12:31
Local Group: Mid Wales
Sorry you missed it this year Jeff
Date for everyones diary for next years Event : Saturday 2nd January, 2021.
Kind Regards
Tudor Davies
Posted: Tue 7th Jan 2020, 21:24
Hi Tudor
I did not know about the walk but I looked it up and it looks brilliant could you post on this web site when next years event is please.
Would love to do it .
Many thanks Jeff
Author: Tudor Davies
Posted: Mon 6th Jan 2020, 19:56
Local Group: Mid Wales
Thank you to everybody who came along and supported the Reservoir Roundabout challenge. A very good turnout and brilliant weather for the event. Good to see old friends and new faces.
Hope everyone enjoyed the day in the beautiful Elan Valley and Claerwen Valley in Mid Wales.
Wishing you all good walking for 2020.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law