Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Christmas day walk

Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Sun 5th Jan 2020, 16:09
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi Emily.
This is the first I have seen on the post otherwise Iwould have responded always nice when someone replys instead of just looking.
I have been busy this christmas but if you are doing a walk next christmas day let me know and Iwould be glad to come down and walk .
The walk sounded fabulous though wish I could have come.
Author: Emily Knight
Posted: Fri 27th Dec 2019, 18:33
Local Group: Surrey
I couldn't find anyone to come with me on Christmas Day. So I went on my own. I ended up walking 55km (34miles). Started at 10:15am ended at 11:52pm. 11h 46m walking plus 1h50m for short stops to check the map etc. It was a great walk with amazing views and clear blue skies. Yes it did get very dark around 5pm. So the last 7 hours I walked in the dark. I'm planning to do a variation of this walk this coming Monday if anyone interested?
Author: Iain Connell
Posted: Thu 26th Dec 2019, 11:33
Local Group: East Lancashire
Hi Emily

If it’s the case that you've done the 43.75 miles there and back in one of the shortest days of the year, well done … or have you just got back from your South Downs Way ‘long walk’, be-mudded and be-slithered after one of the longest nights of the year ?

Even by LDWA standards, that’s some day walk!

Iain
Author: Emily Knight
Posted: Tue 24th Dec 2019, 9:25
Local Group: Surrey
Hi!
I'm Emily Knight and I've just recently joined.
The weather looks amazing for tomorrow.
Is anyone interested in joining me on a long walk on South Downs on a Christmas day? Starting from Cocking Hill walking towards Stayning and back. It's about 70k. (43 miles) I've done this path before I know it pretty well. I will be driving from Richmond TW9 early morning and will be happy to give a lift if needed. I'm also fine with making it a shorter walk if 70k is too long.
If you are interested please contact me text or WhatsApp.
My number is: 07964674355

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law