Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Six Dales Circuit, November 11th 2006

Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Wed 15th Nov 2006, 20:32
Local Group: Heart of England
Vaughan and I had a great time on this event. Oh, and Daisy Dog did too, especially swimming in the river before the climb up Biggin Dale. The stunning views and excellent grub at the checkpoints more than made up for the long and grinding uphills into the cold wind. And we stayed for ages at the end eating and chatting and just generally enjoying ourselves. I think it is this camaraderie that we value just as much as the event itself. Well done Staffs LDWA. You did us proud!
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Sun 12th Nov 2006, 12:37
Local Group: Marches
agreed - this is the 4th year running I have done this walk, and it is always a 'must do'. The scenery is spectacular, and of course being November the weather can vary so much from year to year. Excellent hospitality (loved the cheesy oatcake wraps!!! but wanted 10!) well done.
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sun 12th Nov 2006, 11:12
Local Group: Merseystride
What a great event this is! I last did it seven years ago when the route went clock-wise; doing it in reverse is a somewhat better option since it avoids the crowding down Dale Head at the start, but you lose the long gradual descent of Lathkill Dale which is normally great for runners. It might be me but I felt it to be more demanding this way round.

The entry looked high - around 200? - and the organisation was superb. The three checkpoints were in halls and were well stocked with all kinds of tempting food. Even wraps at Monyash !

The weather was superb for most of the day, gradually turning windier and colder. As I headed for the car the rain started, becoming hard quite quickly - I felt for the walkers still on the route. At least they will be well looked-after when they finish - good stew and veg, rice pudding etc - all served at your table by a team who were definitely 'on theme' and working well together. Well done Keith and everyone else. I'll be back ! - Garfield

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law