Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - John Leather

Author: David Morgan
Posted: Fri 30th Aug 2019, 18:56
Local Group: South Wales
Posted on behalf of Neil Bromley. This was posted under Notice Board where it's unlikely to have many views. It's technically tricky to simply move so easier to re-post here.

Many members will have known or seen John Leather, a long-standing member of the LDWA, who died suddenly last month in Worcester. John had the power to charm and annoy in almost equal measure, especially as he tried to cadge lifts to and from events all over the country! I believe that he was a very talented fell-runner in his earlier years and, despite quite debilitating illness, could regularly be seen jogging the length of the Malvern Hills until recent months.

If any members wanted to share their (positive) recollections of John I’d be happy to compile a short obituary for submission to Strider or simply to share amongst those who contribute. I’d be especially interested to hear from anyone who knows about John’s early involvement with the Association. I can be contacted at nhbromley@gmail.com

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law