Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - That’s Lyth & Spring in Lakeland 50

Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Tue 17th Mar 2020, 17:40
Local Group: Lakeland
Sadly but inevitably we have cancelled Spring in Lakeland 50 scheduled for 18th/19th April. All entrants will be informed by email through SiEntries . The good news is that we will be running the event on the same weekend next year, 17th/18th April. Entrants will have the option of carrying forward their entry to the new event date. Alternatively there is the option to donate the entry fee to charity. This will be to Cumbria Wildlife Trust to help fund their project in lovely Craggy Wood, which features on Loop 2 of the event. Finally there is an option to take a refund subject to a deduction for expenses.
Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Mon 27th Jan 2020, 20:52
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Tony
I would like to thank all the marshals and helpers for all their hard work and dedication to helping all walkers , runners and walk runners to have a fantastic day.
At all checkpoints the marshals were excellent and cheery which added to the great banter between everybody .
This is a very special event which makes it very popular the route has a bit off everything and I thoroughly enjoyed
the hike and all the checkpoints. once again many thanks to all regards Jeff.
ps see you all next year.
Posted: Mon 27th Jan 2020, 17:31
Results for yesterday's event can be found at:-

https://www.ldwa.org.uk/results/full_results.php?event_id=241
Posted: Tue 14th Jan 2020, 17:47
That’s Lyth entries and waiting list are now closed. Looking forward to welcoming 350 or so walkers and runners on the 26th.

The entry list for Spring in Lakeland 50 on 18th/19th April is virtually full. A small waiting list will be opened so get your skates on if you are hoping to get an entry.
Author: David Morgan
Posted: Wed 2nd Oct 2019, 19:21
Local Group: South Wales
Nice to see that you've valued LDWA members first Tony. Members can't say they didn't get a chance to enter when you had the event available to members only for several weeks. I'm really looking forward to the event and there are a few of us travelling up with green T-Shirts!!
Posted: Wed 2nd Oct 2019, 16:09
Our two events were opened up to non-members yesterday, since when we have received over 100 entries. If you plan to enter either or both don’t leave it too long.
Posted: Sun 18th Aug 2019, 22:09
Draft route descriptions for the three loops of the Spring in Lakeland 50 can now be found on the Lakeland Group Challenge Events page.
Posted: Mon 5th Aug 2019, 21:02
Thanks Tony
I am going to try and get her to attempt the walk .
Much appreciated for taking time to reply.
Many thanks Jeff
Posted: Mon 5th Aug 2019, 20:53
Hi Jeff,
Although there is almost 3000 feet of climbing in Loop 1, there are no really steep climbs. The main one is over the Garburn Pass which is long and steady.
Checkpoint closing times have not been finalised but are likely to be based on a finishing time of 22 hours. That means a closing time of around 16.30 for the 18 miles of Loop 1, or 8 hours walking, although it probably won’t be enforced too tightly. Based on your Hundred times I would not have thought you would have too much of a problem keeping within the time limits for Loop 2 & 3.
Posted: Sun 4th Aug 2019, 19:16
Hi Tony
My partner is new to the LDWA and wanting to do the first loop but is not a strong climber.
Do you think it will be ok for a novice and if so my intentions is to walk the first loop then go
on to complete the other 2 loops will here be any cut off times for me if she takes a long time
on the first loop.
Many thanks Jeff
Posted: Fri 2nd Aug 2019, 15:37
Lakeland Group’s two challenge walks in 2020 opened up for LDWA members on SiEntries yesterday. The ever popular That’s Lyth is on 26th January and brand spanking new Spring in Lakeland 50 on 18th/19th April. We already have over 50 entries between them so don’t waste too much time if you are planning to enter. Entry for non-members opens on 1st October.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law