Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - A foot in 2 Dales

Author: Nick Ford
Posted: Wed 17th Jul 2019, 21:01
Local Group: The Irregulars
Thank you all for your kind words about the event. We reacted to feedback from last year and tweaked one or two things. By the sounds of it, we got it about right :) Once again, we had some great suggestions from participants on what they would like to see and we shall be looking to incorporate them into next years. Oh yes, its going to happen all over again :) :) :)
Author: Louise Whittaker
Posted: Wed 10th Jul 2019, 19:38
Local Group: Staffordshire
New event for me - and I really enjoyed it. Good weather giving excellent views. Great route - felt on top of the world leaping down from Great Shunner Fell. Thanks for the abundant supply of snacks/food - plenty for the plodders at the back [like myself] - and the delightful surprise of 'waiter service' breakfast at the finish. The beans on toast with cheese at Hardraw was just perfect; and the fruit cake and Wensleydale cheese - yummy. Thank you to the member of the public [who probably will not see this] who scuttled after my water bottle which rolled and kept on rolling down a slope just before the bridge before Muker. Big thank you and much appreciation to all who made this event possible.
Author: Nick Hooper
Posted: Mon 8th Jul 2019, 8:43
Local Group: Northumbria
Thank you to everybody involved in organising and running the event. From the first contact at the car park to leaving HQ in the early hours of Sunday morning everyone was focussed on supporting entrants, refueling, re-energising and re-motivating them to continue to the next checkpoint . Add to that a great route, amazing scenery and even sunshine! An outstanding event. Very well done.
Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Sun 7th Jul 2019, 12:15
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi
I would just like to say what a brilliant event this was well organised well Marshalled .
The weather was fantastic the route was stunning and well thought out.
Every one I walked with loved it The food was great.

We Would just like to thank the Marshals and checkpoint staff who were fantastic and made this a
special walk for us and cant wait for next year.
Many thanks Jeff

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law