Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Afoot in Two Dales

Author: Nick Ford
Posted: Mon 8th Jul 2019, 21:56
Local Group: The Irregulars
Hi Ben (& Amorel)

My apologies for not replying to your posts on this forum sooner, they have just been pointed out to me.

I did have one or two questions about the kit list, but they came direct to me, as the organiser, rather than through social media, which to be frank with you, I dont spend a lot of time on.

The event is aimed at 'experienced walkers & runners', in fact it says that in the opening sentence.

As such we chose therefore to suggest rather than dictate to you what kit you will need. After all, given the distance, terrain, weather & resources available on route, you are the ones best suited to know, what kit you would need to carry in order for you to complete the challenge.

Of course there are some items that we could make mandatory ie; foil blanket, emergency food etc, but once again we choose to accept that as an experienced walker or runner you would know what to carry to get you out of a pickle.

I hope this helps.
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Wed 3rd Jul 2019, 15:31
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Forecast is looking good
Author: Armorel Young
Posted: Sun 30th Jun 2019, 21:12
Local Group: Sherwood
In any case it depends where you read the kit list! - at https://www.ldwa.org.uk/challenge_events/show_event.php?event_id=20967 it is described as "mandatory", while at http://www.ldwa.org.uk/TheIrregulars/W/5098/afoot-in-two-dales.html is described as "suggested".
Author: Ben Williams
Posted: Sun 30th Jun 2019, 16:10
Local Group: Merseystride
Hi all

I'm really looking forward to AFI2D next weekend, hopefully it won't be as hot as last year!
I just noticed that the kit list is 'suggested', not mandatory - am I reading this correctly? I don't want to pack light only to fail a kit check (there wasn't one last year, admittedly), but if the weather forecast is good then I'd like to cut some weight out if possible. How is everyone else reading the requirement?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law