Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Notice Board - Swiss Alps Late Summer

Author: Jonathan Blees
Posted: Mon 3rd Jun 2019, 2:09
Local Group: Anytime Anywhere
Greetings, LDWA-ers ~ I'm an experienced, but now slow-due-to-age (69 today!), American. I'm hoping to hike in the Swiss Alps for about 10 days, starting around 29 August . . . and I've promised my wife that I won't do so unless I have at least one male companion. I don't want the rigidity of formal tours, and I certainly don't want to spend what they charge, so I'm hoping that I can find someone through this forum, or at least that someone here can suggest other ways to find a hiking partner. I'm planning to start in the Zermatt area and head west-southwest, perhaps on Swiss National Trail #6, perhaps on minor trails, depending on their difficulty, hiking 4-ish-to-8-ish miles per day (this will entail 2000-3000 feet of elevation gain and loss per day) and staying in mountain huts . I've hiked several thousand miles, mainly in the Sierra Nevada of California; I'm friendly, witty, smart, and generally easy-going and tolerant of mistakes and of plans gone wrong. Please help! Thanks ~ Jonathan Blees, jblees22@gmail.com

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law