Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Long walk with an overnight wild camp

Author: Mark Webb
Posted: Sat 1st Jun 2019, 7:39
Local Group: Norfolk & Suffolk
Hello Dave.

I have just completed my Lands End to John O'Groats walk, camping rough most nights. My website may be of interest, wildwalkinguk.com to you...
I really enjoyed the Lands End to Barnstaple section of the South West Coast path and found some great spots to camp. The only things to be aware of is the and of early morning joggers and dog walkers.
The Wye Valley Walk was surprisingly good, especially if the weather is not at its best.
The Macmillan Way past Minehead and through the Quantocks, as well as the Mendips and Cheddar, all surprisingly interesting.
I have to say my whole LEJOG walk was good, I would happily do any part of it again.
I found the camping wild easier than expected.

Good luck with the weather.
Mark
Author: Dave Gibson
Posted: Sun 26th May 2019, 22:22
Local Group: Wiltshire
Hi all,

Just after some ideas. I have 4 days off work and I’m looking for a nice long distance walk where I can do some wild camping overnight.
I’m in the Salisbury area would like walks in the South West.
All and any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law