Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Congratulations Alwyn.

Author: Laura Turner
Posted: Wed 29th May 2019, 18:05
Local Group: South Wales
I totally agree, and thank-you Alwyn for your cheerful encouragement at Coswshill.
Author: David Morgan
Posted: Mon 27th May 2019, 15:58
Local Group: South Wales
And not did our very own 'Man Mountain' complete this incredible route, he joined South Wales LDWA and checkpointed at CP10 at Cowshill for 16+ hours during the weekend of the Hadrian Hundred. A true legend!!
Author: Stephen Marston
Posted: Sun 26th May 2019, 18:05
Local Group: South of Scotland
well done that man .
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Sat 25th May 2019, 20:16
Local Group: Mid Wales
I know the flagship LDWA 100 is on this weekend and this may be lost in everyone's glory from that event. But long time member Alwyn Nixon has just completed the Dragons Back race through Wales.
He used the marshals 100 as a warm-up, (sub 30 hour, has he not heard of tapering down?) and just 2 weeks later started the Dragons Back. I have spent 8 days up there marshalling on the 5 day event and saw Alwyn many times - looking good and always happy - a brutally hard course down the spine of Wales he finished about half way down the field, brilliant.
A cracking effort from a LDWA stalwart, perhaps the first of more to come, I would love to see a strong ldwa walker take it on without any running and they could certainly crack it.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law