Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Hundreds - Checkpoints

Author: Patrick Barry
Posted: Fri 24th May 2019, 10:30
Local Group: South Manchester
I would like to add that we would really like the 14:00 start so that we will be amoung the mass of entrants over the Cross Fell /High Cup Nick sections.
Author: John Barry
Posted: Fri 24th May 2019, 10:09
Local Group: Anytime Anywhere
Folks,

Brother and I were hoping to start at 1 pm or 2 pm with a sub 30 to 33 hour schedule in mind

Simple maths 20 miles in 6 hours. 100 miles in 30 hours.

But looking at the closing times for CP4 , makes it impossible. The Cumulative Distance is (33.7 km, 21 miles) and checkpoint closing is 1900 hours.

A 2pm start only gives us 5 hours to cover 21 miles which is next to impossible bar for a serious ultra runner

A 1 pm start has us arriving between 1853 and 1921 arriving at HALTWHISTLE. Again far to tight.

After Garrigill we have loads of time on the schedule. Its just the early ones are a blocker.

At this late stage could you reconsider the closing times for for the first few CPs???
Author: Kendra Wedgwood
Posted: Mon 20th May 2019, 23:58
Local Group: North Yorkshire
I always get like this ha ha! It’s more excitement (possibly delirium). It’s like waiting for Christmas but in a really really weird way ha ha!!!
Author: Bill Milbourne
Posted: Mon 20th May 2019, 12:54
Local Group: Northumbria
Kendra If you think you have pre-event nerves I will swap you for mine!!!
Posted: Sun 19th May 2019, 22:57
Yes, I’ve got the latest RD. I think I maybe just have a bit of OCD as it’s referred to as CP 6 but then the two smaller ones after Gregs Hut are referred to as 7a and 7b. It matters not. I think the pre-event nerves are just kicking in ha ha!!
Author: Dave Clifton
Posted: Sun 19th May 2019, 14:26
Hi Kendra did you get the information you needed about the checkpoints from our Hadrian hundred site . The link is just above the hundred forum page and has loads of information about our event.
Author: Dave Clifton
Posted: Fri 17th May 2019, 19:39
Please go onto our Hundred site on the LDWA pages and then look for the checkpoint tab and that will give you all the information you need on all our checkpoints
Posted: Fri 17th May 2019, 19:34
Sounds pedantic, but can someone confirm if Greg’s hut is CP 6 or 7. (I’ve read conflicting info) I wanna be really clear in my head where I’m getting clipped. Thankyou

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law