Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Hundreds - Kit Question - maps

Author: David Morgan
Posted: Tue 7th May 2019, 9:00
Local Group: South Wales
Hi Kendra,

It sounds like you will satisfy the kit equipment list as you have electronic maps and have the ability to power your devices for the duration of the event. You cannot however rely upon the paper maps of another. So, if your kit fails you will not satisfy the kit requirement and cannot claim that you are in possession of paper maps that are held by another entrant.

But, assuming that you are confident in the reliability of your electronic kit you will be fine.
Author: Kendra Wedgwood
Posted: Mon 6th May 2019, 23:59
Local Group: North Yorkshire
Hello

I have a Fenix 5 plus watch with the route downloaded. I also have the route downloaded onto OS maps on my IPhone. I have portable charging for both. Does this satisfy the “GPS” section of the kitlist?

(To anyone else reading, I’m not an idiot. I’m doing the event with my lovely mum who will carry paper maps which we have drawn the route on. Should technology fail we have the maps but I just don’t wanna spend money buying them for the sake of it)

Thankyou

Kendra

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law