Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Wanted: comfortable nursing home for old websites

Posted: Fri 20th Oct 2006, 14:37
Many thanks Garfield, our old site can now go to the great website in the sky.
enjoy the Kilburn Kanter
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Thu 19th Oct 2006, 23:09
Local Group: Merseystride
If you type www.ldwa.org.uk/northumbria it will take you there. (Well, not as in transport you bodily, but virtually and, perhaps, spiritually). The Local Groups link has also been changed.

Sorry you had to wait for this - I've been moving two old houses into one new one these last three weeks and am now desperate for a really long walk. Look out Kilburn Kanter, here I come !!

Garfield
Posted: Thu 19th Oct 2006, 15:45
I’m sheltering here in The Bothy as my previous comfort stop in Website Development was a bit lonely. There were a few passing members looking in, but it was out of communication range of the Rescue Services. Hopefully, the signal is stronger here.

You see, Northumbria have a problem. We have this old website well beyond retirement age. All it can do is talk of old walks and show ancient fading photos of past glories, and, as for its spelling…. So we have a new one – it may not be of vintage design, more in the way of neat, but not gaudy. Importantly, it has future walks and relevant information displayed .

We tried retiring the old site, asking the Pension Board in August to break its links with the national site and let in the new one. We even considered buying it a carriage clock as a retirement present, but it still keeps turning up for work as usual. We reminded the board again a month ago that the new site was ready and raring to go, but to no avail, the old one is is still hanging around, looking rather sad in its leaky waterproofs and down at heel boots.

If any of you know of a retirement home for old websites, can you let the powers that be know.

The new website is at home patiently awaiting the call. The address is www.walknortheast.org.uk

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law