Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Hundreds - Food Allegies coeliac?

Author: Karen Nash
Posted: Sat 20th Apr 2019, 18:44
Local Group: West Lancashire
Is there any chance of a basic outline of what we will get at CPs ( think8ng like Fellsman eg pasta at Stonehouse, soup and hot dogs at Redshaw) just trying to plan ahead and decide what to carry
Also what will be in the Snack Bags? Sandwich, banana, choc??
Author: Bill Milbourne
Posted: Thu 18th Apr 2019, 17:13
Local Group: Northumbria
Hello Helen. There will be more information in the final instructions which will be out this weekend. Basically we are buying in all the food for the checkpoints so we cannot say that it will be vegan, gluten free or wont contain nuts. Our Cook is preparing the meal at the finish himself so we can be certain about that. We will take your own vegan meals to some of the checkpoints, about every 20 miles, as long as it is in a closed container with your name on it. You can put some snacks in there as well to get you to the next checkpoint. You don't need to carry everything all the way
Author: Helen Hudson
Posted: Wed 17th Apr 2019, 18:41
Local Group: Calderdale
Hi I'm a vegan & it's great to hear the HQ meal is vegan. I'm in a similar situation. Will I need to make sure I've plenty of vegan snacks in my bag or will I be able to find something at each checkpoint.

Cheers Helen
Author: Jackie Wilson
Posted: Wed 17th Apr 2019, 14:54
Local Group: Northumbria
Hi Heather if you bring your own food it will certainly be passed onto checkpoints as long as you bring it within plenty of time. There may be gluten free snacks and the HQ finish meal is vegan and gluten free. Enjoy.....
Author: Heather Aston
Posted: Mon 15th Apr 2019, 20:43
Local Group: Thames Valley
Hello just checking on food stops will you be able to cater for Coeliac diet? I always carry my own food but it is nice to know that I can top up if needed on small snacks. I don't mind eating jam sandwiches as long as they are spread on gluten free bread with a clean wheat free knife! Thanks

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law