Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Will my protest vote be counted

Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Mon 15th Apr 2019, 23:02
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Ian - yes I am counting them up.
Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Sun 14th Apr 2019, 19:25
Local Group: East Yorkshire
It's been two weeks since I ask my question and not one of our NEC members can be bothered to answer it. A simply yes, no or I don't know but I'll try to find out for you would have done. The silence from the NEC is deafening.
Author: Bryan Thorpe
Posted: Sun 31st Mar 2019, 21:01
Local Group: North Yorkshire
In a democratic process spoilt papers are routinely reported in the results, but!
Trying to change our logo has mirrored Brexit in the sense that it has gone on too long been handled badly and is causing too much bad feeling. Those of us who would have liked to register a vote for the old logo or an updated gender neutral logo have lost the argument (although it's ironic that one of the choices would appear to over 80 % of my work colleagues to depict a man).
The new committee have an agenda and a belief they are doing the best for our future and if I don't like it and I can't be bothered to stand for office and give up my time and my families time then I obviously aren't as passionate or as committed as the committee and so in the interest of avoiding any more acrimony need to stop complaining.
Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Sun 31st Mar 2019, 15:55
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Because my last post was deleted, I will ask again. Will my protest vote on the logo vote be recognized and counted with any other protest votes. I know I'm on a loser here but that will not stop me being passionate about the LDWA. The LDW as been a big part of my life for many years. I never sought office or had my photograph in Strider, I've been one of the background helpers who just get on with the job because of the love of our sport. So will the NEC answer my question or will this one get censured and deleted.

Ian.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law