Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Environment Matters - Environmental Awareness

Author: Stuart Bain
Posted: Fri 22nd Mar 2019, 18:33
Local Group: South Wales
Many thanks for the suggestion Iain. I’ll make contact with the BMC to understand the campaign and work out how best we can support this. Following discussions I can hopefully put forward a proposal to the NEC and cascade further information on this forum/Strider.

Keep the ideas flowing!
Author: Iain Connell
Posted: Fri 22nd Mar 2019, 15:32
Local Group: East Lancashire
Good to see increased emphasis on environmental matters, particularly projects which support path repair and maintenance. I believe this forum thread is the first for a year under this heading.

One such project is the BMC's Mend Our Mountains (https://mendmountains.thebmc.co.uk), whose current phase, Make One Million, is "a year-long appeal to raise £1 million in total for range of vital path repair projects within the UK's entire family of 15 National Parks".

Iain
Author: Stuart Bain
Posted: Wed 20th Mar 2019, 19:35
Local Group: South Wales
Being new onto the National Executive Committee as Environment Officer I would love to see feedback about how the LDWA can promote environmental conservation and sustainability across the association.

Obvious points come to mind about single use plastic items, numbers of entrants on challenge/social events, maintenance of footpaths/stiles and encouraging litter picks.

Do any members have some original ideas that are worth considering as part of the wider environmental strategy for the LDWA?

Feel free to reply to this message to hopefully prompt debate or message me directly at environment@ldwa.org.uk.

Regards Stuart

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law