Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Hundreds - Souvenir Map

Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Thu 28th Feb 2019, 19:30
Local Group: Dorset
I have got my map now. And I think I will pass the kit check.
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Thu 28th Feb 2019, 9:44
Local Group: Cumbria
Deidre - you are quite right.
The safety check on the Dun Fell road is as it says and not a kit check.

There will also be a kit check en route at an undisclosed check point.
Whether you like them or not, and personally I don't, these things are unavoidable in this day and age!
Author: Deirdre Flegg
Posted: Wed 27th Feb 2019, 11:08
The map shows self clips, manned clips and a safety check-nothing about kit check. I guess the safety check is to make sure we are are all there & functioning OK after Cross Fell! There is road access at this point.

Why would anyone stint on kit? Why indeed...but it happens
Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Wed 27th Feb 2019, 10:26
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Why would anybody wont to cheat and not take the full compliment of equipment i dont know anybody who would do this.
Author: Don Arthurs
Posted: Wed 27th Feb 2019, 8:09
Local Group: Kent
"has all checkpoint on including self checks and an clothes/equipment check stop"

I thought kit check stops were supposed to be 'secret' to prevent people loading up the mandatory kit prior to that point and dumping it afterward ? That said the logistics of cheating like that seem more hassle than just carrying the kit anyway, and who would you be cheating but yourself.
Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Tue 26th Feb 2019, 16:08
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi There
Received my souvenir map at weekend brilliant format has all checkpoint on including self checks and an clothes/equipment check stop brilliant well worth money. Just cant wait for he event now
Author: Deirdre Flegg
Posted: Tue 26th Feb 2019, 11:43
Many thanks to those who facilitated this. Arrived today by return of post, and is very good indeed.
Author: Bill Milbourne
Posted: Wed 20th Feb 2019, 14:44
Local Group: Northumbria
I can confirm that the souvenir map conforms with rule 9.3 for the Hadrian Hundred
Author: Alan Warrington
Posted: Wed 20th Feb 2019, 12:40
Local Group: Thames Valley
Superb customer service. Ordered yesterday as soon as notified by SiEntries and it turned up in this mornings post. Well impressed.
Author: John Stenton
Posted: Wed 20th Feb 2019, 10:55
Local Group: North Yorkshire
Will the proposed souvenir map be acceptable for the event / rules Re maps to be carried from the start etc - jps
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Tue 19th Feb 2019, 21:39
Local Group: Lakeland
Posted: Tue 19th Feb 2019, 15:57
A lot of you have asked about a Souvenir Map. David Bath has organised a map of the route to be prepared by the UK Map Centre.

The 1:50000 scale Map is available direct from UK Map Centre in folded or wall map versions, prices from £15, through a direct link ,https://www.ukmapcentre.com/acatalog/ldwa_hadrian_hvndred.html
Author: Michael French
Posted: Wed 23rd Jan 2019, 11:28
Local Group: Staffordshire
Bill,
When I completed the Houseman Hundred in 2011 (Marches group) they produced a very good glossy 1:50000 souvenir OS map of the route. Maybe someone from
their group could give you some information on how they did it.

Mick.
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Tue 22nd Jan 2019, 19:04
Bill, thanks for the information.
Posted: Tue 22nd Jan 2019, 12:10
There has been a good response to this following my email, so we are looking at the options. The route covers too big an area for the standard OS size print at 1:50000 so it is not that simple. More information will be posted when I have it

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law