Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Fuel Bottle Air Travel

Author: John McLean
Posted: Sun 20th Jan 2019, 16:15
Local Group: Surrey
Ah yes! Thanks for the tip about the keep the cap/lid loose. Never thought about that but it makes total sense.
Cheers!
John.
Author: John Pennifold
Posted: Sun 20th Jan 2019, 9:13
Local Group: London
I have taken metal water/fuel bottles as hand baggage. As long as there's no smell of fuel when the top is open then you'll probably have no problem. Whether you pack it in checked or hand luggage, always leave the cap loose otherwise the different air pressures could distort it. I wouldn't put it it checked luggage as there's too much chance of it getting damaged.
Author: John McLean
Posted: Sat 19th Jan 2019, 18:46
Local Group: Surrey
Sorry if this topic has been covered.
I'm trying to decide if I need to buy a new, unused, empty MSR fuel bottle to take on my flight from Canada. OR if I can just empty, clean and dry my current bottle and pack into my backpack, checked baggage.
I'd rather not have to buy one but I wonder about the risk of boarding my flight.
Any thoughts or experience with this is much appreciated.
Cheers!
John.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law