Discussion Forum - Hundreds - Sleeping at the school

Author: John Owen
Posted: Wed 10th Apr 2019, 10:06
Local Group: Heart of England
thanks Bill for that info
Author: Bill Milbourne
Posted: Tue 9th Apr 2019, 14:06
Local Group: Northumbria
There will be plenty of space to sleep at the school after you finish. Bring your own bedding
Author: John Owen
Posted: Fri 5th Apr 2019, 10:42
Local Group: Heart of England
is there any info on "sleeping at the school Sunday evening /Monday morning
apologies if I have missed information posted elsewhere on this subject
regards
Author: Ian Lauriston
Posted: Sun 23rd Sep 2018, 23:11
Geoff. Your post from a week ago has resulted in a comprehensive review of parking at the QEHS. I expect to post more details either here or on the website shortly. This may include a minor rule amendment. This post is intended merely to show we are not ignoring you.
Author: Geoff Deighton
Posted: Sun 16th Sep 2018, 17:09
Local Group: High Peak
Looking at the rules, 2.2 states that no overnight occupancy of camper vans will be permitted. Does this mean that, if I finish the walk on Sunday evening, I cannot sleep in my van before driving off on Monday morning?
Author: Ian Lauriston
Posted: Wed 18th Jul 2018, 17:28
Unfortunately it will not be possible to accommodate overnighters before the Event. There are accommodation links on the HH website and whilst we hadn't planned to add to these some useful further links to budget places to stay are as follows:

allendalebunkhouse.co.uk This is close to our penultimate checkpoint, there are several B&Bs here too.

newbroughbunkhouse.co uk This is next door to CP1. Also in Newbrough there is a pub, The Red Lion, with several bedrooms and a few B&Bs in the village

There is a new YH at The Sill with 86 beds. This is very close to CP3

For anyone interested in staying in Newcastle It should be possible to source hostel type accommodation and still get an early train into Hexham
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Fri 6th Jul 2018, 21:06
Local Group: Cumbria
The relevant committee member is away at present but will reply on his return in a week or so.
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Fri 6th Jul 2018, 9:19
Local Group: Surrey
Are the organizers able to say whether sleeping facilities will be available at the Queen Elizabeth School on the night of Friday 24th?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law