Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - My favourite post walk tipple !

Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Thu 5th Oct 2006, 8:58
Local Group: High Peak
yes but what kind of tea?
as t'be Yorkshire gold f'me
Author: John King
Posted: Mon 2nd Oct 2006, 21:10
Tea for me please
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Fri 29th Sep 2006, 19:08
Local Group: High Peak
i'd have to go with Black sheep, never had it on it's own, as i have to drive but it's the best bitter i've tasted that goes into a shandy, other than that it would be a vishnufka (phonetically spelt) that's a polish cherry vodka
hic! cheers
Author: Sue Allonby
Posted: Fri 29th Sep 2006, 11:34
I agree - a lovely hoppy real ale is always a treat, although if it's a hot day or I'm dehydrated I also like half a real ale topped up with a ginger beer. In the event that I'm at home or in a caskless pub, a long G&T is also very nice.
Author: Bill Lancashire
Posted: Fri 29th Sep 2006, 7:23
Local Group: South Wales
I would have to agree on the first chioce of a good, cask-conditionaled ale. Failing availablity of that, a proper draught local cider or a good premium lager such as Budvar or Artois.
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Thu 28th Sep 2006, 22:22
Local Group: Mid Wales
I am led to believe that members have been known to enjoy the occassional 'swift half' after a long walk. So I just wondered what your favourite tipple was? Let us go along the lines of "I'm not driving tonight" so over-indulgence is not a problem.

Have to say a well flavoured real ale (regional and of high alcohol content)is my preference. The first pint barely touches the sides and the flavour lingers - once the glass is empty.

A few short minutes later, my blood stream has hungrily absorbed those nasty littl "units of alcohol" and I am ready to enjoy the next pint, in a pleasant state of euphoria. This is the best pint, full of body and supped with pleasure. After this I am in descending into cloud cuckoo land ... utter bliss. Matt.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law