Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Hundreds - Registration times

Author: R Neil Higham
Posted: Fri 25th May 2018, 0:50
Local Group: Kent
Thanks, Ian, saves me a lot of writing!

One minor change - for practical reasons only - is that we will suggest that entrants drop their bags off before registering; less elbows getting hurt that way, ie you will register and be 'zapped' after dropping bags off; this will be particularly relevant to those arriving on the coaches from Dover.

Hopefully all will be clear inside the College, with baggage drop off being at the far end of the Atrium, and registration and zapping in the middle - the 'furniture' should be in place Friday evening, but I do not envisage any change to this arrangement.

To answer Christopher, No, there is no formal cut-off for the 10:00 start, but my understanding is that if you register at 11:08 (for instance), you will be given the 10:00 start time. We will remain in the College until the later start, ie someone will be there.

And to forestall any questions surrounding "but what if one of the coaches from Dover is late arriving?" - well, we'll cross that bridge in the unfortunate event that this situation arises; this will be down to the lads and lasses on the PACER team, and I cannot answer for them.

Whilst we will have good ol' LDWA tea, coffee, squash and biscuits freely available (in a large side room) to all including any supporters / partners etc, my understanding is that COAST (which is actually COSTA at Sussex Coast College, as it is inside the College - geddit?) will be open from 08:00 to around 12:00. In addition, SUBWAY (hello, some of you just woke up!) will also be open - and this, too, is accessed from inside the College (but can also be accessed from outside the College), with eg 6 inch Bacon Sub for £2 (plus a drink (£2.25) on the menu. Mmmmm

Just over 33 hours to kick off if me math is correct - see you all Saturday

Neil, Hastings Start Co-ordinator
Author: Ian Hull
Posted: Thu 24th May 2018, 22:22
Local Group: South Pennine
From the joining instructions e mail sent by Phyl Butler on 10/5 :

"Registration desks will be operational from 07:30, where you should be prepared to confirm your details, notify any last minute changes (such as a change to the number of your mobile phone which you will be carrying during the event) and sign the Register confirming that you will be carrying the mandatory kit throughout the event. After registering you will be ‘zapped’ and can then drop off any baggage. The coaches are due to arrive from DOYRMS Dover between 08:20 and 09:00."

"At 09:35. walkers will be addressed – from the SCC first floor – by Admiral the Lord Boyce, Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports, who will be introduced by Cinque Ports 100 Organiser Graham Smith. The Mayor of Hastings will also be there.
At 09:45 walkers will be told to proceed from the college to the start line, on the seafront. Supporters are welcome to go to the start line as well, of course. Please exit the college doors considerately and proceed to the seafront by following the signs and marshals’ instructions. There is one lights controlled road crossing.
At 10.00 the Cinque Ports 100 will start. You will be led the first 100 yards by LDWA Kent Life President, Brian Buttifant, who will then step aside so you can proceed at your own pace."
Author: Paul Wadsworth
Posted: Thu 24th May 2018, 21:34
Local Group: East Lancashire
At Hastings on Saturday morning:
1. What time does registration open and closed?
2. What time do the speeches start and finish?
Author: Chris Kennedy
Posted: Thu 24th May 2018, 21:18
Local Group: Sussex
In case of transport or other delays, is there a cut-off time for registering at Hastings College in this years Cinque Ports 100 for the mass 09:45/10am start?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law