Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Wye Forrest 50

Author: Gwyneth Littlejohn
Posted: Fri 27th Apr 2018, 9:06
Local Group: Bristol & West
Thank you to everyone who entered the Wye Forest 50. A challenge walk would not be much fun if people did not enter. It was great seeing everyone finish with such brilliant smiles. See you in 2021.
And thank you to all the marshals who made my first challenge event such a success.
Author: Robert Newell
Posted: Thu 19th Apr 2018, 21:00
Local Group: Norfolk & Suffolk
Thanks Andrew for the photos.

It was a superb weekend, a really tough but excellent route. It's a really beautiful part of the UK and the scenery was really stunning. I made it 56 miles (but I did get a bit lost a couple of times, so maybe 55 was more accurate)

Many thanks to all at Bristol & West LDWA for putting on such a superb event and looking after all of us so well at the checkpoints. Also thank you to everyone I walked with, which was quite a few people! There was a fairly largish group that finished around the 20-21 hour mark and all were really friendly, which made the event even better
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Tue 17th Apr 2018, 9:24
Local Group: Marches
Thanks Ian, that explains why it took us near enough 2 hours longer than anticipated so that has made me feel a bit better as I really couldn't understand, even factoring the mud why it seemed to go on forever! With the mile and back we spent walking down the wrong forestry track that would make it that we walked 58 miles instead of 53!
Author: Ian Hull
Posted: Mon 16th Apr 2018, 20:46
Local Group: South Pennine
My Gps ( and that of a few others ) made it 56 miles with 8500 feet ascent , nearly three miles further than the 2015 WF which explains the longer times taken to complete along with the muddier conditions . Again a super route with perfect weather & clear starry skies on the night section & some excellent catering at the CPs ; I particularly enjoyed the rice dish at Redbrook & homemade soup at English Bicknor . Top marks for the certificate too !
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Mon 16th Apr 2018, 16:08
Local Group: Marches
Great photos! Thanks top the organisers for a great walk through some lovely scenery although I did find it quite tough truth be told. It felt a lot longer than 53 miles - the last 7 miles seemed to go on for ever particularly as I spotted Yorkley was only 1.5mls away when we left the last checkpoint. Our plan to finish at 1.30am was completely blown out of the window - not sure if it was going wrong a couple of times in the forest or the mud! Out of interest did anyone who didn't go wrong get anything more than 53 miles on their GPS (please make me feel better :-)!) Anyway, a lovely day (and night) out in the sun.
Author: David Morgan
Posted: Mon 16th Apr 2018, 15:52
Local Group: South Wales
Lovely set Andy.
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Mon 16th Apr 2018, 13:51
Local Group: Dorset
Thanks, Andy. Nice photos.... and what nice weather
Author: Andy Todd
Posted: Mon 16th Apr 2018, 0:51
Local Group: Wiltshire
At least the weather for you was better than it was for the Marshals Walk!

Link to photos I took at walk.

And a comparison for what it was like on the Marshals

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law