Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Cape to Cape in Western Australia

Author: Deirdre Flegg
Posted: Wed 28th Feb 2018, 18:31
Local Group: Dorset
Hi Andy,

Don't have a scanner, but if no-one else offers/is able, I am happy to photocopy and post if you send me your address. You could email it through:

dorset.ldwa.secretary@gmail.com

I agree about the lovely area. We didn't go to Margaret River, but have twice been to the Porungurups and Stirling Ranges. Wonderful.

Deirdre
Author: Andy Ledbetter
Posted: Wed 28th Feb 2018, 11:56
Local Group: High Peak
Thanks guys.
I spend several months here each year and love the area. There is a proposal to create a winter track diversion that will cut out the need to cross the Margaret River mouth in winter when it flows strongly. We are trying to get the shire council on side but they are not really aware of the hugh interest in the Cape to Cape track or the fact that it brings in internatonal visitors. As part of the proposal submission I would like to include a copy of the article that appeared in Strider but sadly I don't have access to a copy of the 2010 Strider in which it appears. If anybody could scan the article and email it to me ( I will provide an email address) I would be most gratefull.
Kind regards
Andy
Posted: Tue 27th Feb 2018, 20:52
PS The article gives a link to the author for further information-andy.taylor@atkinsglobalcom. Also a website: www.capetocapetrack.com.au

Sorry if this is all a bit too late for you.
Posted: Tue 27th Feb 2018, 20:44
Andy,

It was in the August 2010 Strider. I only found it swiftly because we were in WA for the first time the following month, and it stuck in my head. I hope you are having a great time & this is not too late.Try the Bibulman Trail also. Great part of Australia.
Author: Andy Ledbetter
Posted: Sun 18th Feb 2018, 2:03
Local Group: High Peak
I am currently in the Margaret River region of Western Australia home to the beautiful Cape to Cape track http://www.capetocapetrack.com.au/

I know this track featured in Strider some years ago but as I am away from home I don't have access to my Strider archive to find the article. If it was after 2012 I can probably download the correct edition of Strider from the LDWA web site.

Can anybody tell me in which edition of Strider it was featured please?

Many thanks
Andy Ledbetter

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law