Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Swollen feet

Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Mon 19th Feb 2018, 19:44
Local Group: Surrey
If this is a recent occurrence, might it be related to a change of habit on a walk, eg too much or not enough water or food? Inadequate water intake can do strange things, and I find in winter I tend to drink less, sometimes too much less.

Or perhaps a change in gait?

I find that after (not during) a Hundred, my ankles swell up and remain swollen for 5 days or so. No pain, just the swelling.
Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Mon 29th Jan 2018, 22:47
Local Group: West Yorkshire
found this
https://www.hiking-for-her.com/swollen-feet-after-hiking.html
Author: John Pennifold
Posted: Sat 27th Jan 2018, 21:26
Local Group: London
Do your ankles swell at the same time?
Author: Michael Jones
Posted: Sat 27th Jan 2018, 16:55
Local Group: Heart of England
Thanks for the suggestions, Raymond. General health is fine - when I had my current pair of boots fitted, the chap in the shop assured me that some swelling was normal, but I doubt that means a difference of two sizes between one's walking and other footwear. Will try taking my boots off, but I don't think it can be heat that's causing it, since it happened on the Winter Tanners when temperatures, while not freezing, weren't exactly tropical.
Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Wed 24th Jan 2018, 19:12
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I recommend a health check up unless you have tried this

If you know your health is good, take your boots off every couple of hours and cool them
Author: Michael Jones
Posted: Mon 22nd Jan 2018, 23:47
Local Group: Heart of England
I've had difficulty getting my boots off after a couple of recent walks (and when I've been walking again the next day, getting them on again). The problem first occurred a couple of years ago - coming on rather suddenly, when my boots started pinching 40 miles or so into a 50 - so I tried going up a shoe size, which solved the problem until it recently started recurring. I'd rather not have to go up another size, since it would mean consigning to the bin a decent pair of boots which should still have plenty of miles left in them - does anyone know any alternative solution please?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law