Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Severn Way Walk

Author: Shirley Hume
Posted: Mon 11th Jun 2018, 21:48
Local Group: South Wales
I live fairly local to Severn Beach and have never seen any waymark for the end of the route, although to be fair I'm not sure where in Severn Beach one would expect to find it. Don't build your hopes up, Severn Beach is a disappointment in its own right, with or without a signpost, unless you are interested in bridge construction - fine views of the underside of the second Severn Crossing!
Author: Steve Ward
Posted: Mon 11th Jun 2018, 14:51
Local Group: Heart of England
Hi
I am aiming to walk the Severn Way this September in nine days. There is obviously a marker post at the start but is there one at the end (the original end on Severn Beach)?

I was rather disappointed after completing the Kintyre Way South to North to find nothing to say I had finally finished it. Probably childish but I like to have a photo at the beginning and also at the end.

Kind regards

Steve W
Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Tue 16th Jan 2018, 14:46
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I have only done the section from Llanidloes to Welshpool which I did in 3 bits on the way back from various bits of the Wales Coast Path. It was very nice but there were lots of overgrown sections.
As to doing it in one or in sections it is up to you, do you want a long holiday or several short trips? There are quite a few train stations on route so it is easy to split. There are lots of interesting places on route and I am hoping ot do more sections
Author: Gary Leedham-Hawkes
Posted: Fri 12th Jan 2018, 19:27
Local Group: Staffordshire
Hi I would like to get in touch with someone who has walked the Severn Way (source to sea) back to back to discuss the pro’s and con’s of doing the walk in one go or even parts of it. Please let me know. Many thanks Gary

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law