Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - PACER - Certificate printing problems

Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Mon 11th Dec 2017, 20:27
Local Group: Surrey
Thanks, Tim
In fact I did select and paste the [[NAME]] etc with some of the surrounding text from the Retirees' certificate into the Finishers' certificate - with some trepidation in case I messed the whole thing up and had to redo the whole event - and it worked. The certificates print out properly. I have Georgia font rather than Times, but I can live with that if I have to.

I might try changing the font as as you suggest, but I'll do that with an experimental event first - once bitten, twice shy ...
Author: Tim Bedwell
Posted: Mon 11th Dec 2017, 9:34
I think if you've edited the merge fields your only option is to start again with a new event.

I've tried copying & pasting and also tried editing the HTML but it doesn't pick up the new/pasted fields as merge fields, even though there is no apparent difference in the HTML.

It's easy enough to change the font of the merge fields when they are working - just highlight the field you want to change & then set the font from the drop-downs.
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Sun 10th Dec 2017, 19:49
Pacer manual page 70 states
"The text in the double square brackets is variable – again it is clear what these mean. You can move them around to different points in the certificate but DON’T delete them or edit the text within the square brackets"

I did, found I was getting [[ NAME]] and [[ROUTE]] instead of ‘Joe Bloggs’ and ‘30 miles’ then read the manual 

How do I get it back doing what it should, and how do I change the [[NAME]] etc text to Times New Roman rather than Georgia?

Can I just select and paste from the retirees certificate below and change the wording? This doesn’t solve the font problem though.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law