Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Hundreds - Train Logistics

Author: Peter Jull
Posted: Sat 24th Mar 2018, 11:30
Local Group: Kent
National Rail Enquires now has timetables for the event weekend. All lines around Dover are unaffected by engineering work but trains to Charing Cross are subject to alteration due to engineering work around Orpington.
Posted: Tue 13th Mar 2018, 14:56
We are advised by Southeastern that National Rail haven't advised them yet if and where any engineering work will be taking place around Dover on the event weekend. The timetable will be updated with replacement buses if necessary in the coming weeks. Dover has routes to Charing Cross, Victoria & St. Pancras so it expected that at least one line will be readily accessible.

Dover bus station is on the way to the railway station so the mini buses will be able to drop off there when they're available. The local bus from the school gate goes straight to the bus station.
Author: Robert Locock
Posted: Mon 12th Mar 2018, 18:20
I would be interested in a mini bus to the National Express pick up point. I have booked my coach already (for £7).
Author: Iain Connell
Posted: Mon 12th Mar 2018, 17:23
Local Group: East Lancashire
There appears to be a direct rail connection between Dover and Canterbury East. if you can get to Canterbury West (Raileasy says 17 mins walk) you may be able to get a forward connection to London.

Iain
Author: David Chippett
Posted: Mon 12th Mar 2018, 16:46
Local Group: North Yorkshire
I'm unable to book a train ticket from Dover Priory back to London on the Bank Holiday Monday 28th May. The website seems to be suggesting there may be engineering work on that day so no trains. The traveline website only gives a coach connection for that day. Is there likely to be a minibus to the centre of Dover where the National Express coach leaves from?
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Fri 15th Dec 2017, 20:29
Local Group: Surrey
Thanks Peter.
Yes, I have, Mike. See you there (Injuries and general decrepitude permitting)
Elton
Posted: Thu 14th Dec 2017, 14:40
The mini-bus service will be the same on the Marshals' event as on the main event.
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Thu 14th Dec 2017, 8:23
Local Group: Dorset
HI Elton. I assume from your post (?) this means you have entered the marshals' walk. We also have entered.

Mike
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Sun 10th Dec 2017, 21:56
Local Group: Surrey
Does the Finish to Dover Priory 'service' apply to the marshals' walk as well?
Author: Michael Headley
Posted: Wed 18th Oct 2017, 0:07
Thanks Eddie. You should find some answers here on the Getting Here (and Back) page of the Cinque Ports 100 website. Please have a look and let us know if still in doubt.
Author: Eddie Winslow
Posted: Tue 17th Oct 2017, 10:27
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I'm considering the logistics of arriving and departing by train.
Arriving appears straightforward. Saturday morning trains give me plenty of options and time for a 1400 start - get to Hastings and the start is just around the corner?
Departing is not so clear. Is Dover Priory the nearest station? How long is it from the finish to the station? Will there be any form of shuttle available or will it be a case of phoning for a taxi, similar to the 2012 100?

Thank you

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law