Author: Simon Broughton
Posted: Wed 27th Sep 2017, 22:43
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Thanks Ian received it myself . Regards Simon
Author: Ian Hull
Posted: Wed 27th Sep 2017, 22:14
Local Group: South Pennine
Just arrived via Sientries from the Pathfinder organiser :

"I would like to express my thanks for your interest and continued support of our event.

Unfortunately, it is with a great deal of sadness, that after 32 years of running this event we have made the decision to cancel it. The reasons behind this is spiralling costs of running a scout group, lack of interest in the event year on year and dwindling support for running the event.

We plan to refund all entry fee's through the SI Entries card payment system. Once I have received confirmation that this has been processed we will send out another e-mail advising you of this.

Again, I would personally like to thank every entrant who has ever taken part in this event - I can honestly say there isn't a year gone by where I haven't loved every minute.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the cancellation this event.

Kind Regards

Paul McGee "

A shame another event has bitten the dust - use it or lose it . Ian
Posted: Wed 27th Sep 2017, 20:50
Thanks for confirming that Mike I'll look for something Else to do , what a shame so many events are falling with lack of support , if we all marshalled one event a year maybe things would be easier for organisers
Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Wed 27th Sep 2017, 14:17
Local Group: Northumbria
Marked as cancelled on the list of challenge events on this website and a copy of the announcement dated 25/9 has been shared to LDWA Facebook page. They say, "If you have already entered, I will be in touch over the next couple of days once I have figured out the most appropriate method of refunding entrance fees."
Posted: Wed 27th Sep 2017, 10:24
Hi I've read the pathfinder 25 is cancelled is this true can anybody confirm as si entries are still taking entries I've been told also , I entered a while ago but have not been informed by orginiser ?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law