Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Cinque Ports 100 - Finish Meal

Author: Peter Jull
Posted: Sat 22nd Jul 2017, 14:21
Local Group: Kent
The move to a breakfast type end meal has been due to perceived demand from late finishers. The Cinque Ports 100 website has been to a degree initially populated with data based on recent 100s and is subject to change as planning continues. Whether the end meal changes to a breakfast style on Monday morning is one of those area where planning decisions are not finalised. Our catering team are meeting with the school's head chef on Monday for advice on what the DYRMS kitchens are best suited for.

It is gratifying that some of you are so eager for information that the new pages were spotted within minutes of going lives. But did you spot the changes that have already been made?

It was (is) intended that there be one forum thread for all Cinque Ports 100 issues to enable easier moderation by the committee and where attention can be drawn to new information as it is added to the website. Keep your eyes peeled...

Peter Jull
CP100 Committee
Author: Aaron Hookway
Posted: Fri 21st Jul 2017, 16:48
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
Oh dear...

I best have a word with our catering division. We were thinking a Full English Benidorm Breakfast for 2021!

Benidorm breakfast will have chips too so Egg and Chips with a sausage a possibility am sure ;-)

Aaron Hookway
The Trans Pennine 100 team
Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Fri 21st Jul 2017, 16:02
Local Group: Marches
My heart goes out to the Kent Group. Their website has been live about 5 minutes and they already have their first moan. Kent - route looks really intriguing - I am sure it will be a fabulous event. Good luck with the preparations.
Author: Annette Merchant
Posted: Fri 21st Jul 2017, 13:38
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
I was disappointed to read that the Cinque Ports 100 will be changing their finish meal to a breakfast from 4.00am on the Monday morning. Being married to a late finisher who regularly finishes between 7.00am and 9.00am, I know that, having been "out" for 2 nights, he looks forward to a hot meal when he has showered and cleaned up. Whilst I appreciate that breakfast is a "cooked meal", because it involves grilled and/or fried food, it doesn't retain its heat in the same way that a cooked finish meal such as a hotpot, cottage pie or stew does. I presume this also means there will be no pudding either once 4.00am arrives.
I have noticed that this is becoming a trend wth the 100, but hope that it will not become the norm.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law