Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Notice Board - Walking The Icknield Way

Author: Darcy Moore
Posted: Wed 24th Jan 2018, 7:01
Hello walkers,

I am walking with friends to Lindisfarne but in late August but am keen to stride along teh Icknield Way from about the 14th August. It would be good to have some companions. Contour tours are a possibility if camping is not an option. Anyone interested?

Darcy
Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Thu 27th Apr 2017, 17:10
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I cannot give you any useful camping info. But I can recommend the walk. You can continue allong the Ridgeway and onto Devozes and then alonghte can; to Bristol and Avonmouth. It is a good coast to coast. We did it in 4 sections using B & B. We found some amazing pubs and real ales. So much natural beauty.
Have a good walk!
Author: Karen Versfeld
Posted: Sat 8th Apr 2017, 7:29
Local Group: Norfolk & Suffolk
My previous and plans have changed and I am now walking from Lowestoft following the Angles Way and the Icknield Way path from May 8th. Is anyone interested in joining me for some or most of the walk? Or does anyone have any advice about where to camp or route information that might be handy to know? Any knowledge would be much appreciated. Thanks

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law