Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Sandwell Six Towns

Author: David Powell
Posted: Sun 21st May 2017, 21:53
Local Group: Heart of England
Hi Steve

Come and join us on the Birmingham Canal Canter and help us judge our cake competition
We've moved it forwards to the 19th August and now have a new location "Moseley Rugby Club"
and the bar will be open when you finish !!
Author: Steve Platt
Posted: Mon 3rd Apr 2017, 9:02
Local Group: London
I was sorry to read in Strider that the local council has withdrawn its support for this event, so it won't be happening this year. I'm probably the only person who has done it every year since it started (seven years ago?), travelling up from London and fitting it in with a bank hioliday visit to my mum in Stoke. I always enjoyed it, especially the long splishy-splashy run through the Netherton canal tunnel (in total darkness one year when my head torch failed).

I hope it will take place again in future years and I'd like to say thank you to the volunteers who made it happen and were always so friendly and welcoming at the start/finish and checkpoint in between. I'll miss the mini-cheddars and chocolate creams.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law