Thanks Iain
I'll check out that book.
Cheers!
John.
Author: Iain Connell
Posted: Mon 21st Jan 2019, 12:11
Local Group: East Lancashire
Hi John

Finest book IMO (but I don't read much fiction) of 2018 was Colin Stagg's "The Cross Way", which I reviewed for Strider 142. His route from Europe to the Middle East was through Cyprus to Lebanon. It won't be a Camino guidebook anytime soon.

Iain.
Author: John McLean
Posted: Sun 20th Jan 2019, 16:27
Local Group: Surrey
Hi
Did you complete your pilgrimage? I'm starting in may from Iona to Dover, then on to Rome and Jerusalem. I'd love to hear how it went.
I'm going St. Columba's Way, St Margaret's Elbow, St Margaret's Way, St Wilfred's, Pennine Way to the E2.
Cheers!
John
Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Fri 24th Mar 2017, 22:49
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Once you get to Carlisle an off road route would be difficult. You may be better following Pennine Way to Border then you can use Dere Street to Melrose
There are various ways from there to Forth Clyde Canal and on to WHW.
If you study the maps there are ways from Carlisle north but its quite tricky. Not just the route but finding accommodation.
The old Waverely rail route is walkable but I am not sure from where. Getting onto that from Carlisle may be practical. Maybe others have ideas
Author: Christy Hawkins
Posted: Thu 23rd Mar 2017, 16:44
Local Group: Norfolk & Suffolk
My partner and I are walking a 'Listening Pilgrimage' from Dover to Iona, recording interviews about migration, pilgrimage and refugees.

We have got as far as London and will embark on the next leg in April. I would like to hear from walkers on our route who would like to join us for a day or part day and help us see the best of your local area.

Also looking for advice on the following routes:
Skipton to Carlisle- Pennines or Lakes?
Carlisle to Glasgow- the Scottish Borders
Island hopping from Glasgow to Iona v Loch Lomond and the Trossachs.
Contact us and see our blog on www.listeningpilgrimage.org

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law