Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Local Groups - Terry Griffiths Memorial Walk

Author: Aaron Hookway
Posted: Wed 22nd Feb 2017, 17:06
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
Hi all

I just want to take this opportunity to thank all who turned out on Sunday. I am sure Terry was looking down and shaking his head.

I am sure old friends met up and nattered away all day

I have placed a walk report with a few pictures i took on the day.

https://www.ldwa.org.uk/Vermuyden/W/4888/terry-g-memorial-walk.html

Aaron
Author: Aaron Hookway
Posted: Sat 4th Feb 2017, 18:52
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
We have been out for a recce today.

First off the bat, The Passport to Yorkshire is a challenge walk route devised by the late Terry Griffiths.

The day will be a full winters day walk with extra SY mud thrown in.

We intend to lead you all as one big group but place leaders who know the route in the 'pack' to assist with route finding.

We have booked Hoylandswaine village hall for a cup of tea and a slice of cake (for a small donation of course).
There is a sports and social club next door and the public house is just around the corner. We intend to lunch for 1hr. Please come say hello and thank you to our volunteers in the hall before you bugger off to the pub. There will be provision In the hall to donate to the Slovenian mountain rescue also.

That's about it really, did I mention the mud?? We had a good day in some great sunshine. Please direct your nightly prayers to more of the same in two weeks.

Aaron

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law