Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Notice Board - Norfolk Coast Path Section Cromer to Hunstanton

Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Fri 10th Aug 2018, 11:46
Local Group: Lakeland
No much help to you on the North Norfolk Path, I know, but I have found it much easier on the South West Coast Path. Previous trips have been in March/April and I have just booked accommodation for my final visit in October. No doubt being out of season makes it easier. Also the B & Bs are more switched on to accommodating walkers on the SWCP due to the larger numbers than in Norfolk. Have paid as little as £40 for very good B & Bs although it seems rather more expensive on the South coast than the North. Also some excellent hostels, mostly on the North side.
Author: Matthew Usherwood
Posted: Thu 9th Aug 2018, 12:32
Local Group: Sherwood
As a professional working in the business of booking up these accommodations, I'm not surprised you had this experience. General seaside tourism trumps walkers needs, so therefore most accommodations are geared up to taking holiday-makers and weekend visitors over walkers. Hostels are your best bet, and look at B&B's on the National Trail site if you have not already as they tend to appreciate the market a bit more. If you need more help drop me a message.

Good luck.
Author: Richard Haynes
Posted: Thu 16th Feb 2017, 20:27
Local Group: Essex & Herts
There are YHAs at Hunstanton, Wells next the Sea & Sheringham (not necessarily in that order)
Author: Steve Clark
Posted: Wed 15th Feb 2017, 1:03
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
I believe Hunstanton has a YHA
Author: Carmel Keary
Posted: Mon 16th Jan 2017, 22:21
Local Group: North Yorkshire
Has anyone walked the Cromer to Hunstanton section of the Peddars way within the past couple of years? I am trying to book accommodation that is reasonably priced . My plan will be to complete the 47 mile route over a couple of days therefore at most need two overnight stays along the route. BnB either don't accommodate one night stays and openly confess to finding those that ask annoying :( or are extremely expensive, £150 ++ . It would be great if anyone has any suggestions or where I may find reasonably priced friendly accommodation along the route.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law