Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Great Outdoors Challenge / formely Ultimate Challenge

Author: John Jocys
Posted: Sun 17th Sep 2006, 16:25
Local Group: East Lancashire
I've done it 3 times and will be applying for next year in the next few days.

If you want to take part in this really excellent event you can only apply using the form printed in the October edition of TGO, out now. Be warned, they disappear from the shelves of WH Smiths PDQ!

If I can help with information on the event please contact me on johnjocys@hotmail.com.

cheers,

John
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sun 10th Sep 2006, 23:05
Local Group: Merseystride
... furthermore, this months (October 2006) TGO magazine has a 16-page pull out guide.

Also, there are podcasts to be downloaded at ...

http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/page87.asp

G
Posted: Fri 8th Sep 2006, 21:28
Look at ...

http://www.tgochallenge.co.uk/
Author: John King
Posted: Fri 8th Sep 2006, 21:24
A self supported walk from various points on the east coast of scotland to the west coast, you chose the route etc.usually about 250 walkers with most funnelling through Braemar on the first weekend which leads to a lively Saturday night in the Fife Arms.

Then at the end of it there is a Dinner and celebration in Montrose

All in all it was a great experience

John
Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Fri 8th Sep 2006, 19:20
Local Group: Heart of England
What are they?
Posted: Fri 8th Sep 2006, 13:01
The only person I know who has tackled this is Geoff Saunders. I'll direct him to this forum and see if he can help.

Garfield
Author: John King
Posted: Fri 8th Sep 2006, 11:04
I have done a few of these in the past, and my question is has anybody that reads this done any?

john

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law