Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - North Yorks 100 shhhhh

Author: Simon Leck
Posted: Wed 18th Jan 2017, 12:55
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
No, luckily the le tour is nowhere near the hundred on Saturday.

One thing less for us to worry about...
Author: Aaron Hookway
Posted: Wed 18th Jan 2017, 11:18
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
Cheers Madeline i'll paste that onto the top on my computer desktop.

Do we reckon the 'le tour' will pass us somewhere on route?

See you on the marshals event

Aaron
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Tue 17th Jan 2017, 12:53
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Just found a convenient count down for the marshal's event (which I've entered). Well it's a day out, but never mind! Good job we're not starting on Friday!
http://letour.yorkshire.com/2017
Author: David Wainwright
Posted: Thu 15th Dec 2016, 21:32
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
Hi Bryan, thanks for the response. I wasn't hinting at wanting the route yet, honest! From Devon I think a reccy will be a trip too far; it really has been fun working out what the route might be from checkpoints! These lovely places can often be sensitive, and all credit to you for protecting them.

I only mentioned things being a bit quiet in terms of website updates and the like. I bet in the background things are far from quiet for you all, and I wish you every success in all your hard work and efforts in the run up to the event....which I, like many others are very much looking forward to!
Author: Bryan Thorpe
Posted: Thu 15th Dec 2016, 20:09
Local Group: North Yorkshire
Hello David, North Yorks 100 Committee member Bryan letting you know that the route will be published in the first week in February 2017. We have chosen this date due to the fact the route crosses some very sensitive areas and to take into consideration the sensitivity of some of the land owners whose permission we have to cross their land. We certainly are not quiet I can promise you, we have collectively as a committee been in contact with entrants, marshals and supporters and will continue to do so.
Author: David Wainwright
Posted: Sun 11th Dec 2016, 7:05
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
Looking forward to the event in May. Working out what the route might be, from the checkpoint locations, has been a bit of fun! It's an area I have never visited, leave alone walked in, it looks a beautiful bit of the country.

It is all a bit quiet though; I guess there must be a few others out there, signed up now and relishing the prospect like me? I see there are a few spare places, but I was a bit surprised that the website makes no mention of that? No forum on there either unlike recent Events, so hopefully there will be a few more updates on the website next year?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law