Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - North Downs Way + MY DOG?

Author: Tim Bedwell
Posted: Fri 2nd Dec 2016, 9:20
Local Group: Surrey
Mercure Dorking White Horse Hotel High Street, Dorking, RH4 1BE, could be a good base for the stretch between Guildford and Reigate as you could use the train line linking Reigate - Dorking - Guildford to get to/from the hotel after each section you walk. The train line runs reasonably close to the NDW. I used to live in Caterham and many years ago walked the sections from Farnham to Otford using the train to travel to/from home for each section.
Author: Tim Bedwell
Posted: Wed 30th Nov 2016, 16:38
Local Group: Surrey
One option would be Days Inn at Clacket Lane services who allow pets. This is between Caterham and Westerham on the M25. Although the hotel is in the motorway services, you can walk to it from Clacket Lane itself, and it is within 2km of the NDW. There are two entrances from Clacket Lane, you want the one to the south of the motorway. GR for the entrance is TQ425 543.
Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Thu 17th Nov 2016, 19:37
Local Group: West Yorkshire
If you could finds somwhere dog frendly in Canterbury, it is pssible to do a huge section, as far west as near Rochester, from Canterbury with the aid of buses and trains. Theres the advantage of not shifting your luggage
After that if you can plan starts and finishes at public transport you may be albe to get to a wider range of accommodation
As I do not have dog, I cannot suggest any places
Author: Alison Kent
Posted: Tue 15th Nov 2016, 18:27
Local Group: Bristol & West
Hi,
Has anyone recently walked the complete NDW in one go with their dog?
I am planning to walk this National Trail next April and am having copious difficult in finding any dog friendly accommodation along the way.
Thus my question - is it really possible to walk the NDW with my dog.
Any advice or suggestions would be most welcome.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law