Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - 43rd Across Wales Walk

Author: Stuart Lamb
Posted: Mon 25th Sep 2006, 22:57
Local Group: Heart of England
Thanks for your appreciative comments Bill. Yes the event was a bit of an epic all round but, in retrospect, I enjoyed the weekend enormously. It was great to see so many familiar faces again and, extraordinarily, to have time for conversation at CP3 whilst we all waited for the coach to arrive!

I posted a report and timings on www.acrosswaleswalk.co.uk last weekend. If anyone has any further photographs that I could publish on the web then they would be much appreciated.

Stuart
Author: Bill Lancashire
Posted: Mon 4th Sep 2006, 18:45
Local Group: South Wales
Congratulations to Stuart and all his helpers and checkers for yet another wonderful weekend-long event.

Despite the difficult weather conditions on the walk itself, it was a pleasure as usual to renew acquaintances and make new ones.

In a way I was lucky in making good progress early on and getting past the Hafren Forest checkpoint before the event was halted at that point due to the severe weather on Pumlimon. I am quite acustomed to navigation in severe mountain condtions, but this was about the worst I have seen yet. Wind was that kind of strangth where you need to hang on to fence posts to avoid being swept away, and driving rain that even hurt the skin, and visibility down to about 20 yards or less. I was pleased to get off the mountain and then even the long road plod to Clarach Bay seemed pleasurable this year in comparison.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law