Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Coventry Way (40m)

Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Mon 4th Sep 2006, 19:10
Local Group: Heart of England
I mean everyone, not just Rebecca!!
Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Mon 4th Sep 2006, 19:10
Local Group: Heart of England
Thank you very much for your comments, Rebecca. It makes the hard work all the more worthwhile and I'm really pleased you enjoyed it. Most of the participants were local, but we had some entries from a lot further afield. People are always pleasantly surprised by the countryside in the Midlands, so why not give this event a go next year (Sun 2nd Sept 2007). You will be made very welcome!
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Mon 4th Sep 2006, 15:24
Local Group: Marches
An excellent, well organised event with decent food at each checkpoint including sandwiches - checkpoints often outside private houses along the way which gave it a very personal feel, a very comprehensive booklet with route description plus a map on each page of the route description, and extremely inclusive for all abilities - both runners and walkers offering choices of the full distance for runners and walkers or a relay for those that either don't want to or cannot manage 40m. The flexible 6am start was a brilliant idea so that the walk finished while it was still light, and as we started at 6.10, when the majority of the crowd had already set off, there was no clogging around gates and stiles (I hate mass starts for this reason - also for a lady impossible to find somewhere quiet enough for a toilet stop for miles if it is a mass start!) - well done to the organisers - the event was a credit to you.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law