Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Wet Wainwright Walk

Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sun 3rd Sep 2006, 16:30
Local Group: Merseystride
Believe me - the Bullock Smithy was wetter ! It lashed down for the best part of 6 hours. Once the rain stopped we were faced with endless quagmires that were once paths. Thankfully I hurt my left foot around 35 miles and was able to drop out ! I wasn't enjoying it at all. - Garfield
Author: Hilary Scott
Posted: Sun 3rd Sep 2006, 13:17
Local Group: East Lancashire
Oh we were there Tony and trust me I'm still drying out! Nice to see the Chair of the LDWA out on an Irregular walk and I'm glad you enjoyed it. What I want to know is this: Is there a word for the female equivalent of a harem? There were 16 men and me - is this a record for an LDWA social walk? Come on girls, who has beaten that?
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Sat 2nd Sep 2006, 12:42
Local Group: Lakeland
I'm looking out of my Kendal window at torrential rain, and aware that The Irregulars are scheduled to be doing the latest of their Wainwright Walks project in the Eastern Martindale Fells today. If you are out there I hope you don't drown!
It was great to join you fellers (and Hilary) on the Newlands Watershed last week. A superb walk, even with the sting in the tail up to Scar Crags.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law