Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Walk for 2007

Author: Philip Powell
Posted: Sun 13th May 2007, 12:08
Local Group: Northumbria
Finished my walk last weekend - superb weather for all but the first morning and last day and a half. Even so, the sun came out as I walked onto the platform at Oakworth Station to finish the walk.

You can read my diary here:

www.blencathra.org.uk/cfwalk

Please consider signing the online petition to abolish prescription charges for adult sufferers of CF - click on the heart at top right of each page.

Already got next year's route sorted out.
Posted: Wed 3rd Jan 2007, 9:28
David

Will give Scotswood Bridge route a try when I do the short version from Heddon to my house - I'd considered that previously but opted for the Newburn Bridge instead when I did it in August.

However, when it comes to the walk proper, it will have to take in the Millennium Bridge as it is very important to me to include The Sage.
Posted: Mon 1st Jan 2007, 21:46
Phill
You could take the new walk way to Scotswood Bridge and walk over our old Mansion (I belive below one of the new bridge supports) and then join the South Bank past the Metro etc.
David H
Posted: Sun 31st Dec 2006, 19:58
Originally, I'd intended crossing at Newburn to make it a very easy day from Heddon to my house.

However, having met the lovely lady who is backing my walk when she appeared at The Sage Gateshead in November, it seemed more appropriate to include that loop.

Anyway - I like the Millennium Bridge so it was a shame to miss it out!
Posted: Sun 31st Dec 2006, 19:23
Good choise Philip.
I spent many a happy day along the Tyne between Newburn Steel works and Dunston Staiths when I should have been at school. This year I will be doing it again but from South Shields to Carlisle.
David H
Posted: Sun 31st Dec 2006, 18:08
As we reach the New Year, plans are now well on the way. Only minor change is that rather than crossing the Tyne at Newburn, I'm continuing to the Millennium Bridge and then up to The Sage Gateshead before joining the Keelman's Way and then as previously outlined.

Accommodation is a mixture of camping, B&B and YH.

Training has been going well over Christmas after a very busy couple of months in which I'd barely been able to get out.
Posted: Thu 31st Aug 2006, 8:01
Having requested it, I suppose I ought to contribute! My next planned long distance walk [as opposed to LDP itself] is about 200 miles next April. It takes in Hadrian's Wall from Bowness to Newburn and then follows the Keelman's Way, Derwent Walk, C2C and Durham Dales Challenge to join the Pennine Way at Middleton in Teesdale. From there, the intention is to follow the PW south to Haworth. It's all been done before apart from an incredibly short section and I'm really looking forward to Middleton to Malham as it must be well over 20 years since I walked any of that.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law