Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - The Bassetlaw Bash

Author: Aaron Hookway
Posted: Mon 25th Apr 2016, 17:43
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
Thanks to all who made this event a great success, it has been decided to run the event again in 18 months.

The thanks I have received both on the day and in e-mail shows how wonderful the long distance walking folk are.

Aaron
Author: John Phillips
Posted: Tue 5th Apr 2016, 13:30
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Thanks Aaron
Posted: Mon 4th Apr 2016, 23:00
Hi John

The O/S explorer map for The Bassetlaw Bash is:

Sherwood Forest 270

Aaron
Author: John Phillips
Posted: Mon 4th Apr 2016, 15:28
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Hoping I may be able to get to the event, although not able to commit at this stage so it will be an on the day entry.

Can someone let me know which OS Explorer map(s) I will need as I will need to purchase them in advance.

Thanks

John
Posted: Tue 15th Mar 2016, 9:30
All 3 route descriptions for the upcoming 4th Bassetlaw Bash are now uploaded to our webpage.

Also uploaded are the corresponding GPX files if desired.

Aaron
Posted: Tue 12th Jan 2016, 20:17
The RD is finalised for these routes.

Entries are coming in

Can I please stipulate both routes are brand new, with a new HQ.

Both routes take in all 3 Dukeries estates in Nth Notts. Welbeck, Clumber and Thoresby.
On tracks and footpaths in Welbeck and Thoresby not normally open to the public.
Posted: Tue 15th Sep 2015, 20:05
Posted: Tue 15th Sep 2015, 19:54
Entries just opened for our April 2016 challenge event in conjunction with The Bassetlaw Hospice.

Brand new event HQ with 2 brand new routes of 20 & 26 miles, stunning if you like trees and taking in 3 of the Dukeries Estates in Nth Notts.

Starting from the Lady Margaret Hall on the historic Welbeck Estate, following a circular route within Robin Hood country, taking in some beautiful and varied countryside including the scenic Clumber & Thoresby Estates and using paths/tracks not usually open to the public.

https://www.ldwa.org.uk/Vermuyden/W/3822/4th-bassetlaw-bash.html

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law