Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Rucksacs with mesh pockets

Author: John Cunnane
Posted: Wed 27th Sep 2006, 15:06
Local Group: South Wales
Try Deuter rucsacs - eg Speedlight 20 (weighs 500g - incredibly light yet takes 20 litres of stuff - & excellent accessible mesh pockets).
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Wed 27th Sep 2006, 13:39
Local Group: Merseystride
The Lowe Alpine Contour is a 30. Very light, too. G
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Wed 27th Sep 2006, 9:05
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Michael Thanks for that. Do you know of any with a 30litre size rucsac.
Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Thu 21st Sep 2006, 21:15
Local Group: Northumbria
Try

Berghaus Twentyfourseven 20 litres
Lifeventure Kibo 20
Salomon Raid Revo 20
Posted: Tue 29th Aug 2006, 9:14
Garfield thanks for that. I'll have a look for the nearest stockist.
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sun 27th Aug 2006, 9:07
Local Group: Merseystride
The Lowe Alpine Contour Event rucksack is of the type Norman is after. You can reach back and grab your bottle with ease - and it's very light. I alternately use a bum-bag in fair-weather - The Lowe Alpine Day Runner - which also has mesh pockets. - Garfield
Author: Julie Welch
Posted: Thu 24th Aug 2006, 9:22
Local Group: London
You could use braces! (Perhaps with the LDWA logo on them - a marketing opportunity there.)
Posted: Thu 24th Aug 2006, 9:19
Julie I've got one of those and always find them easy to access. Only thing is the bag keeps slipping down. As my six pack is more like a ten pack perhaps that's why. Suppose really I could hook up small 20L rucksac to it.
Author: Julie Welch
Posted: Wed 23rd Aug 2006, 17:09
Local Group: London
I use a giant bum bag (the bag's giant, not the bum) which fits snugly around the waist and has pockets at each end where I can stick a water bottle and get at it without having to stop, undo zips, hunt around etc. It's made by North Face. I've used it on summer 50s but haven't tried it on anything longer in the depths of winter where I'd need to carry more stuff.
Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Wed 23rd Aug 2006, 16:54
Norm, you need a walking chum to get the bottle out for you. I will give a sensible reply when I can remember the makes of the sacks I have.
Posted: Wed 23rd Aug 2006, 16:49
Has anyone ever found a rucksac with mesh pockets that are easy to gain access to for water bottles? I'm not particularly flexible at the best of times and just wondered if anyone has the same problem.
I've thought about pockets to go on straps but would prefer to have the weight around my waist. I do use a platypus but not all that keen on them

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law