Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Brendon Incline

Author: Andrew Clabon
Posted: Mon 17th Aug 2015, 19:57
Local Group: South Wales
I can only repeat what has already been said. A great day out.

I don't care where you went walking last Saturday, it wasn't as good as the day we had.

Thank you to all those involved.
Author: Neil Bromley
Posted: Mon 17th Aug 2015, 10:16
Local Group: Heart of England
Congratulations to Cornwall and Devon for putting on such an exceptional event. Did the South Wales Group provide route planning advice? It certainly followed a familiar profile: checkpoints in the valleys with plentiful food, followed almost immediately by a steep 800 foot climb; repeat four or five times; then throw in a stretch of the Victorian West Somerset Mineral Railway, distinguished by the fact that it went uphill in a 1-in-4 climb for half a mile; then a few more hills in case we got complacent. It all made for a stunning route with fabulous views over Exmoor, the Bristol Channel and Minehead Butlins.

Also exceptional was the post-walk food. It was the first time I have been offered a chapati to go with curry and rice at an LDWA event. When I asked for the traditional portion of tinned fruit to finish with, I was politely turned down on the grounds that the only option was freshly baked apple strudel and custard. Such hardship!

Thanks to all in the group and I really hope the event becomes an annual fixture
Author: Aled George
Posted: Sun 16th Aug 2015, 18:12
Local Group: South Wales
Thanks to Cornwall and Devon group for organising another great event yesterday.

We were blessed with great weather and even better views, rewarding the effort of the climbs!

Thanks too for the usual high quality of support, catering and encouragement from the volunteers and CP marshals.

Looking forward to next year and would strongly recommend this event to others.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law