Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Inov Debris Gaiters

Author: John Pennifold
Posted: Fri 24th Jul 2015, 15:25
Local Group: London
I have been using these gaiters for a couple of years now and they are very good at keeping stuff out of my trainers. http://www.inov-8.com/New/Global/Product-View-DebrisGaiter-32.html
Their weak point however is the flimsy rubber under-arch string. Also the faff in putting them on (they have to be put on the ankle before the trainer) and getting the rubber string in the right position.
One of the strings broke on this year's 100 and the second broke on last week's WoW.
They had come with no instructions and I'd thought that the rubber strings were pre-sewn into the gaiters.
Maybe other users of these gaiters know this secret, but I have only just discovered it: The two tabs which hold the rubber string in place each have velco on the inside! This means that I can now replace those strings; also in future I can put on the gaiters then add the rubber strings.
I hope that somebody else finds this useful.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law