Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Dorset's Doddle

Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Tue 22nd Aug 2006, 20:10
Local Group: Dorset
It was nice to see that our efforts were appreciated. The Dorset's Doddle is now attracting a good entry every year from both LDWA members and trail runners. I suspect that the incredibly scenic linear route and challenging but "do-able" distance must contribute. You may also be interested to learn that the same organisers are now working to make the Dorset Giant 100K a really special, not to be missed event in April 2007 with an amazing (new)route, fabulously luxurious checkpoints, cordon bleu food
Author: Julie Welch
Posted: Tue 22nd Aug 2006, 13:52
Local Group: London
Regarding Paul's post, have a look at the news item on Latest News about the 2009 Hundred!
Author: Chris Boden
Posted: Mon 21st Aug 2006, 13:52
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Anquet gives a total ascent of about 8,000 ft for that section of the SWCP (based on the 1:50,000 maps) - I daresay the organisers may have a more accurate figure.

I don't think there's been a hundred, but there is the 100Km Dorset Giant every 3 years. The next running is in April 2007 - the entry form is already available on http://www.btinternet.com/~hardy.annual/dorsetgiant.htm.
Author: Paul Lawrence
Posted: Mon 21st Aug 2006, 11:26
Local Group: London
First time I’ve done this one and a great day out; many thanks to all the people involved in organising it. And the weather was perfect with a cooling breeze and then sunshine later on. Does anyone know how much ascent there is on this route? Certainly seemed a lot and no doddle! Hope I’ve got the name right, Dorset’s Doddle or is it the Dorset Doddle? There’s never been a 100 in Dorset has there? There is plenty of scope for a cracking route - the inland walking is good too. Anyone wanting to sample it could try Steven Crockford’s new Round Dorset Walk (see recent News item.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law