Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Wye Forest 50

Author: Simon Pipe
Posted: Mon 20th Apr 2015, 22:31
Local Group: Heart of England
Loved my first WF50 and pretty much everything about it (though I wish I'd known that my start time would be recorded at 0930 even though I started a little later). My thanks to the veterans from the Bristol area who kindly guided me through the first part of the night, and for their stories. On the way home, I saw lots of surfers, and realised they must be riding the Severn Bore. They told me I'd missed it, but it actually takes a long time to get round the big bend in the river so I managed to catch it further up - first time I'd ever seen it. Thanks Bristol and West for introducing me to a wonderful area. I'm now planning to return with my family.
Author: David W Street
Posted: Mon 20th Apr 2015, 20:24
Local Group: Bristol & West
Thanks for taking the trouble to post about the WF50. However, I must point out to Andrew that we also had help from our friends across the border in Wiltshire who did a fine job at St Briavels.
Author: John Cunnane
Posted: Mon 20th Apr 2015, 16:39
Local Group: South Wales
A great event, the countryside at its best and wonderful support & food at the checkpoints. Many thanks to B&W and all the marshalls for your hard work.
Author: Andrew Clabon
Posted: Mon 20th Apr 2015, 7:47
oops!, hit the wrong button there.

As I was saying the the Bristol and West group were aided at checkpoints by members of the Dorset and Cornwall & Devon group. So my thanks goes to you folks as well.

Thank you B&W :-)
Author: Andrew Clabon
Posted: Mon 20th Apr 2015, 7:45
Another third year, another Wye Forest 50.

Great day was had by me and I'm assuming by everyone else. The weather was faultless as was the route description. A few new sections including a short length of Offa's Dyke footpath just after St. Briavels which was so steep the path has been replaced with a wooden staircase. I walked most of the route alone which gave me the opportunity to listen to the early evening bird song. I don't profess to be a 'birdie' but the sounds were great. The bluebells seem a little late this year which was a pity but we can't have everything.

The Bristol and West group were aided at the checkpoints by members of

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law