Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Events under UK Athletics rules

Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Sat 18th Apr 2015, 20:00
Local Group: Surrey
Your current criteria sound about right. We are primarily walkers and we don’t race, so the events advertised should reflect that. If members want to do events outside those parameters, information is available elsewhere. We also don’t advertise charity events, which is good.
Author: Jonathan Comber
Posted: Sat 18th Apr 2015, 17:14
There are events held under UK Athletic rules which have been advertised in the past, the one I can immediately recall is the Round Rotherham which is also allowed as a qualifier for the 100.

Jonathan
Author: Peter Steckles
Posted: Sat 18th Apr 2015, 11:17
Local Group: East Lancashire
If space is a constraint then perhaps be more editorial.

If space isn't a constraint then perhaps ensure that all the details are there for members to make their own decision about entering or not.

I guess by not publishing, we could be accused of denying walkers the opportunity to take part.

My tuppence worth

Peter
Author: Andy Todd
Posted: Fri 17th Apr 2015, 19:46
Local Group: Wiltshire
The most important aspect of generating any list is knowing what to leave out.

I would take the view that the purpose of that rule is to enforce a curation of the listing on the web site to meet the needs of the bulk of the LDWA membership.
Author: Janet Pitt-Lewis
Posted: Fri 17th Apr 2015, 17:18
Local Group: Marches
If you are providing information about events that can be entered and completed by walkers you are doing a service to the membership by publicising the details. Lets hear about them.
Author: David Findel-Hawkins
Posted: Fri 17th Apr 2015, 11:56
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
To get listed in Strider and under Events on this website there are a number of requirements that the event must meet. One of these is:-

•The event is not advertised as a race & the emphasis is on walking rather than jogging or running

I recently had some events sent to me that do allow walkers but were being held under UK Athletic club rules. I have taken the view that these events do not meet this requirement.

I'd be very interested to get the views of LDWA members on this.

Dave Findel-Hawkins
Challenge Events Sec

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law