Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Environment Matters - 2nd aniversary

Author: Christopher Hedley
Posted: Fri 17th Jul 2015, 13:11
Local Group: London
As the Environment Officer, the NEC has asked me to co-ordinate the support by LDWA of the Ramblers' Big Pathwatch initiative. The Big Pathwatch aims to record the state of all our rights of way. The aim is to cover the whole country, grid square (1km x 1km) by grid square.

The LDWA is keen to support the initiative everywhere and especially in areas with Long Distance Paths running through them. I am looking to use the opportunity to ensure that all our members (and others) have effective access to as much of our fantastic national networks of footpaths as possible. How can you get involved in the Big Pathwatch?

1) Visit: www.ramblers.org.uk/BigPathwatch and download the free app onto a smart phone. Choose up to 10 grid squares at a time. Walk every path in the grid square and use the app to record what you find
2) If you don't have a smartphone, you can still print off a survey card, complete it and upload the results to the Ramblers' website.

Please let me know how you get on.

Christopher Hedley, Environment Officer
Author: Peter Steckles
Posted: Thu 29th Jan 2015, 12:07
Local Group: East Lancashire
I've enrolled on a cracking fracking course...

It starts on Monday. 4 weeks. Free of charge. 3 hours per week.

4 points clear. Top of the league. All matches played. Cant be beat. :)
Posted: Mon 29th Dec 2014, 13:55
I've now undertaken 4 courses from FutureLearn. They're free and very professional. I highly recommend them if there's a subject that interest you, But be prepared to spend a few hours studying.
Author: Deirdre Flegg
Posted: Sun 28th Dec 2014, 22:05
Local Group: Dorset
Wow, what a resource.
Author: Michael Headley
Posted: Mon 22nd Dec 2014, 22:22
Local Group: Kent
Thanks Peter. The link below failed for me. This might be worth a try: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/categories
Author: Peter Steckles
Posted: Sun 21st Dec 2014, 0:31
Local Group: East Lancashire
As it is coming up to two years since there were any posts on this Environmental Matters page, I thought I would let you know about a free on line course I just completed about Climate Change.

The content and the implications of doing nowt are rather sobering to put it mildly!

Apologies to those who know about Future Learn. I have no link with them, other than that I thoroughly enjoying the 5 weeks course!

Here is a link Future Learn

They will repeat the Climate Change course some time in the future. In the meantime, there are quite a few others to be getting on with.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law