Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - My Rain Skirt

Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Tue 9th Dec 2014, 17:42
Local Group: East Yorkshire
And Eileen, your imagination is running riot again!
Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Tue 9th Dec 2014, 17:40
Local Group: East Yorkshire
The views, of some of our elderly gents climbing over stiles, don't bear thinking about. As with the Scots and kilts, what's the hidden (?) agenda.
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Sun 7th Dec 2014, 22:04
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
try skirts/kilts in the summer as well. More ventilation. And very easy getting over the stiles etc. Better than shorts for keeping cool in hot weather, But please- wear pants underneath too!
Author: Mark Garratt
Posted: Wed 3rd Dec 2014, 20:03
Local Group: Heart of England
Yes I agree also if the wind gets up on the tops of mountains you would be like Maralyn monoroe in the severn year itch trying to hold it down .
Author: John Pennifold
Posted: Wed 3rd Dec 2014, 19:39
Local Group: London
So you'll still have to carry waterproof trousers in case the rain is horizontal
Posted: Wed 3rd Dec 2014, 17:49
Until recently, when it rains I have always worn waterproof trousers but no longer. Such a faff putting them on, taking them off, etc, the routine can be so boring. I decided enough was enough so decided I would get myself a rain skirt! Some blokes like to call it a kilt I believe. Just a rectangular piece of flexible and waterproof plastic, elasticated around the waist and secured by velcro. It's superlight and wraps up very small. To keep very dry I just need to wear my walking gaiters as well. Principle is like tiles on a roof, rain drips onto skirt then onto gaiters then onto ground. I walked about three miles a few days ago in 'ordinary' rain and it worked well. I was dry with no perspiration wetness around the groin. Easy on, easy off. The real test will be in the Lakes when the rain is horizontal.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law